As of November 2021, it is now possible to unlock your door locks, padlocks and more from your Apple Watch via Bluetooth.
Here's how to open a lock with the Apple Watch Tapkey App:
- Open the app on your watch.
- Log into your account (the same one you use in the Tapkey app on your phone).
- You will see all available locks nearby.
- Tip: If you swipe from left to right, you will see all your locks listed.
- Now, back in the “Nearby” view—tap on the lock you want to open.
- The green check indicates the unlocking process was a success.
- Now you should be able to open the lock! Congratulations!