Cobot is a comprehensive software platform engineered to optimize the administration of coworking spaces and collaborative office settings. Through integration with the Cobot Add-On, the process of managing physical access is streamlined, enabling automatic control of access in sync with resource bookings and the association of users with specific plans within Cobot. In this help center article, we will guide you through a detailed, step-by-step process on how to configure the Cobot Add-On.
By installing this Add-On owners and admins of coworking spaces can obtain a seamless experience in the way of administrating coworking. There are two ways how to do so:
- Member-based: Members can get automatic access to areas in your coworking installations, with additional privileges if required for specific plans.
- Booking-based: Seamless integration with bookings, generating automatic access to specific areas required to get into the desks or resources booked.
Before you start with this guide, you need:
- Cobot space has been created by the Administrator, visit Cobot for more information.
- Plan and Resources structure has been defined in Cobot space.
- Tapkey Smart Locks have been installed.
Coworking spaces scenario
This guide is going to use a hypothetical scenario to describe in detail how to use the Add-On, we will consider ourselves owners and administrators of a small coworking space with multiple resources that can be used by coworker members, Resources contain 3 Desk Offices, 1 Conference Room and 1 Hot-Desk Area. By assumption, we are going to consider that every resource in the coworking space is required to pass through a building entrance door, to be able to access the facilities.
As a result, every booking in the coworking space is going to automatically reserve physical access to the coworker who reserved using the Tapkey application for the given time reserved.
How to install the Add-On in the Tapkey Webportal
1. Navigate to Tapkey Web Portal
Then, log in as the Owner of the locking system, navigate to the Add-Ons section and then explore the Add-On Marketplace, and tap on Connect with Cobot in the Cobot Add-On.
2. Log in to Cobot
This will redirect to the Cobot login page, log in to Cobot and continue with Tapkey, enter your Cobot email and Password if requested and tap Allow.
3. Confirm connection
You will now be redirected to Tapkey to confirm Cobot and Tapkey association, apply the changes if required, and then tap Connect.
4. Congratulations, connection established!