The Office Mode feature allows doors to be kept permanently open (e.g., during office hours). Find out here how you can easily assign permissions for Office Mode in the Tapkey app.
First, add the desired user. If you don't know how, here's a guide on how to grant access to new or existing contacts.
With Office Mode you can choose between two types.
1. Unrestricted & Office Mode: this means the lock will remain unlocked once opened until someone locks it again.
2. Restricted & Office Mode: here, a user's permissions are restricted to certain periods of time. The door can then only be opened within these periods. At the end of the respective period, it is automatically closed again.
The users then see one of the following views in the Tapkey app.
3. The view of unrestricted permission with Office Mode. The lock is opened by clicking on the Unlock symbol (the upper semicircle). If you want to close the lock again, you can do this by clicking on the Lock symbol (the lower semicircle).
4. The view of a restricted authorization with Office Mode. This view is displayed when the permission has time restrictions. In this case, the lock can only be opened within an authorized period of time (e.g. during office hours). At the end of the respective period, the lock is automatically closed again. Clicking on the Unlock symbol (the upper semicircle) opens the lock. If you want to close the lock before the end of the respective period, you can do this by clicking on the Lock symbol (the lower semicircle).
5. Already Open: If you try to open a lock that is already open, the app displays the message “Already Open”. In this case, the time of the door being locked again is not updated and remains unchanged.
For example, if user Anna opened the lock with the restriction that it closes again at 6 p.m. and user Ben then opens it with unrestricted access, the lock will still be locked at 6 p.m.
Office mode is available in the Tapkey app from version 2.26.0. If a permission with an activated Office Mode is used in an older version of the app, the lock may behave as if Office Mode were not active.
The feature is available for the Tapkey Smart Reader from firmware version 3.0 and all DOM Tapkey devices from firmware version 4.1. Which are the following locks:
- Tapkey Smart Lock or DOM Tapkey PRO V2 (cylinder)
- DOM Tapkey GUARD (door fitting)
- DOM Tapkey LoQ (furniture lock)
- DOM Tapkey ACM Compact (wall reader)
- Tapkey padlock
- Tapkey Half Cylinder
If you have a DOM Tapkey lock with firmware version 3.0 or higher or a Tapkey Smart Reader, you can easily update the firmware via smartphone and app. If you are not sure which firmware version your lock has, you can easily check it in the Tapkey app. Here are the detailed instructions.